Are you feeling in a bit of a food rut? This is a fresh a vibrant salad with a take on Vietnamese cuisine. This salad has tangy vegetables and is crunchy with a bit of heat. The dish will be sure to wake up your flavour palette and keep your guests happy.
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons of white miso paste
- 1 head of napa cabbage (3 to 4 cups)
- 1 cup of shredding red cabbage
- 2 peeled and julienned carrots
- 1 sliced cucumber
- 1 julienned red pepper
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
Make the Dressing:
Using a whisk, combine the tahini, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, ginger, chilli pasta, oil and miso pasta. Drizzle 1/4 cup of water into the dressing until you reach your desired consistency.
Make the Cole Slaw:
In a large salad bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrots, cucumber, bell pepper, cilantro and peanuts. Toss all together with dressing. A great variation is to add the mixture on top of a chicken sandwich.